If you’re an unlucky homeowner who has just discovered mold, you can soon breathe easy. Yes, it’s true that mold is a common problem for homeowners, and if left unchecked, can be dangerous – not only to your home’s structural integrity but also to you and your family’s health. The best way to combat mold in the home is to enlist a trusted professional who will eliminate the problem quickly and safely while educating you on the best mold preventative measures.
How Can I Prevent Mold in My Home?
Mold grows in damp or wet environments; to continue growing indoors, it also needs a food source, such as sheet rock, your bathroom floor, the kitchen ceiling, and even pieces of furniture inside your home. The best preventative strategy is to control water and moisture intrusion.
This may start inside the house, by ensuring there are no leaky taps or windows with broken seals, but can also require taking a closer look at outside areas around your home’s foundation where water can easily find ways to seep inside.
If you do find areas where water is accumulating, dry them out thoroughly, and consider calling a professional to assist you in preventing further issues.
What If I’ve Already Found Mold?
When mold is suspected or detected, enlisting an experienced professional is the only way to be certain that all mold – and what’s creating it – will be eliminated from your home. Why? Professional expertise is required to properly contain and remove mold, for many reasons.
- Mold can cause structural damage, creating dangerous and even life-threatening environments which are unsuitable to address on your own
- Large commercial machinery is often needed to eradicate mold growth
- Due to mold’s adverse health effects, personal protective equipment (PPE) may need to be worn during the elimination process
- HVAC and air handling systems are often the root cause of mold, and require professional inspection
- No matter what is causing the mold, specialized equipment must be used to locate the source, confirm the cause, and eliminate the problem thoroughly and safely
- Professionals are able to set up strategic preventative measures, such as constructing vapor barriers, so you never have a problem with mold again
Mold is certainly bothersome, but uncontrolled, it can become a safety hazard. Don’t wait—call a trusted professional today. Titan Environmental Services has a proven track record of success and offers highly personalized service from a team of trained professionals.